If you are associated with me, being productive is a mandatory prerequisite to gaining access to my inner court friendships. everyone around me has to be purpose driven. There's no time to walk around aimlessly. Those who lack discipline should probably stop reading this blog now. Unless discipline is your word for the year,
"Why is having a word for the year so important," one might ask? In a nutshell, here's why:
- 1 word helps to keep you focused
- Around here, we like to focus on one goal at a time.
- It helps you prioritize.
- Having one word helps you determine what is most important. Do you really have time to watch television for hours? Or can you use that time to be more productive?
- It improves your decision making skills
- You will be forced to make a decision concerning that impromptu lunch date or research session.
- Helps you avoid inconsistent behaviors
- If it doesn't revolve around that one word (for the most part) you probably want to avoid doing it.
- Provides clarity for your vision
- If you don't have a vision statement for your life/business, stay tuned next Monday for that blog!
- Where are you in your life/business?
- Where do you want to be? Short-term? Long-term?
- What word will help you work toward that goal?